Funding period 01/2019 – 12/2019
In Skincare, we develop a mobile application for patients and health professionals in the context of skin cancer diagnosis and treatment.
A CNN toolbox for skin cancer classification. Fabrizio Nunnari and Daniel Sonntag, 2019.
The Skincare Project. Daniel Sonntag, Fabrizio Nunnari and Hans-Jürgen Profitlich, 2020.
We will combine patient records with mobile images for knowledge discovery and knowledge acquisition toward decision support and services in clinical and non-clinical environments. Input modes include smartphones for a direct digitization of patient data and images. The innovative aspect is a holistic view on individual patients based on teledermatology, whereby patient data and lesions photographed with a mobile device can be taken into account for clinical and non-clinical decision support.
Further, we conduct research in interactive machine learning to explain deep neural network decisions by smart visualizations of medically relevant visual concepts.
Expected Outcome and Contributions
- Enabling technology for clinical decision support based on interactive machine learning
- Reference architecture towards a Digital European Healthcare Infrastructure (also cf. EIT MCPS)
- Technical components for aggregating digitised patient information (patient record and teledermascopic images),
- Integration of decision support technology into clinical test-bed environments.
- Diagnostic and decision support systems in dermatology for (1) patients and (2) doctors.
Daniel Sonntag (DFKI, supervisor)
Hans-Jürgen Profitlich (DFKI, senior software developer)
Fabrizio Nunnari (DFKI, senior researcher)
Abraham Ezema (DFKI)
Haris Iqbal (DFKI)
Md Abdul Kadir (DFKI)
Duy Nguyen (DFKI)